- Name: A short name for the task, defining what it does or the data it collects
- Description: A short description of what the task does
- Slug: Unique case-insensitive string to provide the app with a friendly URL
- Visibility: Tasks may be private to their maintainers or publicly listed in the app directory
- App: Every task must belong to an app
- Method: HTTP method used to execute the task
- SSL: Whether to use HTTPS or HTTP
- Host: Host domain for the request
- Port: Port to use
- Path: URL path
- Body: Body text to send
- Format: Expected response format (either JSON or RSS)
Tasks are merely definitions of how to request and process data, in which workers actually perform the execution and processing.
When a task is run, its inputs determine the specifics of the exact request issued and the response is parsed into collection results, also defined at the task level.